1934 Vauxhall

BX Roadster

Sold

Stock

640

Inquire Finance this vehicle

Description Read More

1934 Vauxhall BX Roadster The Vauxhall Company was founded in by Alexander Wilson, and had originally been named the Vauxhall Iron Works as it produced pumps and marine engines. Its first vehicle was built in 1903, a 5 hp model that was steered using a tiller, with only two forward gears, and no reverse. Eventually a better design was produced and made available for sale. General Motors had acquired Vauxhall in 1925. The cars were built in England and then shipped to Australia where they were...

1934 Vauxhall BX Roadster The Vauxhall Company was founded in by Alexander Wilson, and had originally been named the Vauxhall Iron Works as it produced pumps and marine engines. Its first vehicle was built in 1903, a 5 hp model that was steered using a tiller, with only two forward gears, and no reverse. Eventually a better design was produced and made available for sale. General Motors had acquired Vauxhall in 1925. The cars were built in England and then shipped to Australia where they were fitted with bodies designed and built by Holden. Both companies-Vauxhall and Holden-are subsidiaries of General Motors Corporation. The Vauxhall BX was introduced in 1934 powered by a 195 cubic-inch overhead valve 6-cylinder engine producing 27 horsepower. Before being discontinued. The Vauxhall Company was founded in by Alexander Wilson, and had originally been named the Vauxhall Iron Works as it produced pumps and marine engines. Its first vehicle was built in 1903, a 5 hp model that was steered using a tiller, with only two forward gears, and no reverse. Eventually a better design was produced and made available for sale.
General Motors had acquired Vauxhall in 1925. The cars were built in England and then shipped to Australia where they were fitted with bodies designed and built by Holden. Both companies-Vauxhall and Holden-are subsidiaries of General Motors Corporation.
A UK car company, Vauxhall Motors is a subsidiary of General Motors. The griffin emblem, which is still in use today, is taken from the coat of arms of Fulk le Breant, a mercenary soldier who was granted the Manor of Luton for services to King John in the thirteen century. This soldier gained the rights to an area near London by marriage, and the house he built, called Fulks Hall, became known as Vauxhall over time.
GM purchased Vauxhall in 1925 for 2.5 million U.S. dollars. During WWII, car production was suspended at Vauxhall to allow work on the Churchill tank, which had been designed at Luton in less than a year, and also assembled there. Production resumed after the war, but models were designed as more mass-market product.

Specs Read More

Engine

Body

Basic

Year

1934

Make

Vauxhall

Model

BX

Interior

Center Console

No

Powered By SpeedDigital