1933 Pierce Arrow 836, Club Sedan
For more than three decades the Pierce-Arrow Motor Car Company of Buffalo, New York, was among the most respected and renowned automakers in America. Hard to believe the company responsible for producing the grandest of luxury cars began by building bird cages. From household products, the company turned to bicycles and then to automobiles shortly after the turn of the 20th century. Pierce-Arrow had the distinction of being the first automobiles to be used by the White House during the William Howard Taft administration in 1909. Unlike Packard, Pierce-Arrow refused to compromise on its luxury product closing its doors in 1938.
The Motorcar Offered:
Originally delivered in Chicago, this Pierce-Arrow has benefited from a comprehensive nut-and-bolt restoration by its previous owner. Painted in its factory colors of Silver and Chateau Gray, every detail assures authenticity and accuracy. The exception was the installation of a high-speed rear-axle to improve the car’s touring capabilities. Following restoration, the car was exhibited at numerous national concours events including receiving a third in Class at Pebble Beach and a CCCA 100-point honor at the Grand Classic in Dearborn, Michigan in 2006. As a CCCA Full Classic it is eligible for all Caravan Tours and CCCA club events. This wonderful example has been extremely well cared for and properly serviced. Cosmetically, it presents beautifully. The paint, wood finishes, brightwork and leather are all excellent. The straight 8 engine is silky smooth and whisper quiet. It runs, drives and operates exceptionally well and will confidently participate in tours or enjoyable trips around town.